- What do you want to leave behind in this world?
- What is your ultimate life purpose?
- Why are you here?
This sounds like really heavy stuff, doesn’t it? Well, it is. Probably the most confronting and difficult to answer question of our lives. And that’s exactly why we don’t what to think about it. Why we make sure it is pushed away, far, far away, so it doesn’t bother us.
And now I ask you this question. How do I dare – you might think – to confront you with something so….so….DIFFICULT and STUPID?
Believe me, it’s not my intention to give you a tough time. Not at all. But it’s you who has to answer this question. Nobody else can or should do it for you.
“If you do not determine your own future, you will be allocated one.”
– Director of Philips –
And the sooner you know the answer, the better. Here is why:
Five benefits of knowing what you want
- Knowing what you want is the most important step in reaching it. If you know what you want you can take action. For example by defining sub-goals and sub-sub goals that are easy to reach and that eventually will bring you where you want to be.
- Making decisions will be a piece of cake. You simply go for the options that are in line with what you want.
- You will have more time since you will be able to focus on the activities and people that add value to your life and to what you want and limit/stop doing the things and the contacts that don’t.
- You will have peace of mind and a goodnight sleep since what can be more relaxing than knowing what you want?
And maybe most importantly, you will be proud on yourself. You will have the feeling you can do something useful, something that matters.
So far, so good. But now the big question: How do find out know what I want? I admit, answering the question “What do I want?” might be even easier than finding an answer to “How do I find out what I want?” This might help:
Seven tips how to find your ultimate life purpose
- Practice. Ask yourself the question what it is you really want regularly and see which answers you will get. Don’t worry if it doesn’t work immediately. That’s normal. Just keep on practicing.
- Write down your answers. Writing often allows us to speak with our hart instead of with our mind and moreover you will remember what you came up with more easily.
- Observe yourself. In which situations or moments of your life are you most fulfilled?
- Choose. What would you do if you could do ONE thing for the rest of your life? And why would you choose it?
- Keep reading my blog. I will make sure you will get plenty of tips and ideas that will help you to find the answers you are looking for.
- Be patient. Don’t expect the answer to pop up immediately. This is a process and the most important thing is to start it. If you read this, you have started it already! And your mind and your heart are busy gathering the information that you need to answer the question. Give yourself the time.
- Share. Once you do know what you want, share it with me and the others by leaving a comment. According to research, writing down our goals and sharing it with others, increases the chances of reaching them…..Besides, I am really interested and I am sure, so are others
I guess, now it’s time to tell you what I want.
What I want
I want to have a positive impact on other’s lives. I want to inspire and empower people to follow their heart and realize their dreams.
This blog is very much in line with what I want. But there are also so many other plans and ideas I have on how I want to add value to others and I will be writing about it.
Life is great if you know what you want!
You will know too, if you don’t know already. I promise.